Here are the steps to getting a Google Maps API key...
- Go to https://code.google.com/ and login to google using a google account (such as Gmail or Google Apps)
- Go to https://code.google.com/apis/console/
- If at any time it asks you to agree to their terms of service, do so.
- Click "Services"
- find and enable Google Maps API v2 & Google Maps API v3
- Click "API Access"
- Click "Edit Allowed Referrers"
- Add in your site's primary domain as shown in the example provided by google and click "update" or "save".
- Copy the API key and paste in an email back to OpenPotion